Bye, bye, Dad!!

| Jan 30, 2011
Well, the beginning of the farewells have happened. Dad left yesterday after being here in NZ for almost 6 weeks. That's the longest we've spent together since June of 2008.....so wonderful, but you get used to be together as well. We've done lots of goodbyes in my lifetime, but they are always emotional no matter what.

It's been so fun having Dad around - he got to help Laura learn to drive, taught Michael some house maintenance stuff, played games with the family and provided great amusement and just was here. I miss my Dad!!!!

Next round is Mom.....boo hoo!!!!! Won't think about that one today.

Bryce is always reminding me that our home is in heaven and we will have eternity to spend together, but that offers me very little comfort. The only thing that helps is know that we're all serving God and doing what we feel God is having us do despite our personal desires to be together. I hate it though sometimes!!! It just doesn't seem fair that others have their family around them....part of the Third-culture stuff I deal with on a regular basis.

The great news is that I get to see them in just 5 months!!!! YAY!!!!! The Lord continues to provide ways for us to connect even when I feel that it is impossible.

Short, but sweet tonight.....
edit

No comments:

Newer Post Older Post

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
Prosper, Texas, United States
I've been married for 32 years to the love of my life and we have two awesome adult kids and a fantastic son-in-law. Big new adventure moving to Texas from New Zealand in February 2021

Followers

© Design 1/2 a px. · 2015 · Pattern Template by Simzu · © Content Living Life with The Staveleys