11 Things at 11am

| Jan 23, 2011
Ok....I am stealing this idea from a friend and it's really not 11am (a bit after), but I thought it would be good to reflect on some things. It's a rainy day and for some reason I often feel inspired (or sleepy) on rainy days. :)

  1. Mom and Dad - my parents have been here for a month and I have to say that it has been one of the best times with them....sure, we argue a bit, have some family domestics, but I also have felt what I have been missing for three years....Mom and Dad living here. That's what I miss most about them living in the US....the day to day stuff, living life together. Very thankful that they could come and visit this summer.
  2. Kids - I have been thinking a lot lately about grasping the last few years of "family" with my kids. With our oldest being 15, it is a reality that she will be away from us more and more from now on. I told Bryce that I am going to be a terrible "empty nester" as I am gonna miss my babies!!!!  This year we're going to try and be way more intentional in spending time with our kiddos and doing things as a family like watching American Idol, or walking on the beach, playing games and all that good family stuff.
  3. I am loving my flower pots this year. We planted them about 6 weeks ago and they are GORGEOUS!!! Just a riot of colour and beauty. I am glad I took the time to do that. Hmmm.....might be a life lesson in there somewhere.
  4. Nephews....yesterday I talked to my cutie-pie nephews who live in another country. They are growing up so fast and it's been 18 months since I have seen them. Can't believe the youngest is nearly 6. So glad we're going to see them this year and be able to watch our youngest play with his cousins. I am very thankful to be an aunt to these two little firecrackers!!!!
  5. I love to read and always have books going. Though I have to say over the last few years I have found it a bit harder to find stuff that I enjoy. I am in a phase where I want pretty light reading (life is busy and I just need a break) and I also enjoy books that are set in a historical time. I have just been reading through a series by Sara Donati called "The Wilderness Series". Set in the late 1790's to early 1800's in post-Revolutionary War America. Pretty interesting reading. Gotta do some research on the War of 1812!
  6. Laundry - why oh why is there so much laundry? I have a laundry room filled with it at the moment waiting to be folded. Laundry being folded is one of Bryce's things that he likes to have done, so I do try and keep up with it, but the post-holiday washing is still all over the place. Gotta get that done today. 
  7. My friend S....she's an inspiration to me to persevere through difficulties in life. I am excited beyond words that she is expecting a baby after a 3 year journey....I feel like this baby is mine too in a weird way because we have been praying for him/her for so long. I will be content to just be "Auntie Christy". 
  8. I have discovered that I really love to blog....who knew!!! I don't think I will ever have a diary that I keep regularly. No idea why that is so hard, but blogging is quite fun. Not really sure if anyone is that interested in my random life, but oh well. I have don't have any great quotes, no profound thoughts....I am just "me". 
  9. Pink - there is never enough pink in this world for me. Pink to me represents hope, life, joy. I love pink...having said that, I do not live in a pink fluffy room or wear pink every day or look like Elle in Legally Blonde. I just love all the fun touches of pink in my life. I think I want to live more "pink" this year. More joy, more hope, more fun, more life!!!!
  10. I am so so excited about my pending trip to the USA in July....God has provided me with something to look forward to. July is going to be an exciting month for me between babies and yummy American-ness. Being an American is funny for me. I call myself American, but the reality is that I am not one inside. I just don't have the shared experiences of college life, football teams, cold Christmases and all that kind of stuff. So going to the US is kind of like going home and kind of like visiting another country for a holiday. Kind of confusing some times. However, I am proud to be an American and thankful that I can be proud to be a Kiwi too. 
  11. My hubby.....you know, it is almost 26 years since we started dating. I am amazed at how God fit us together. I could have so easily not been in NZ and yet, God brought my family here and I met Bryce and now we've made a great life together and our life is rich with meaning and purpose. We might be a bit fiery at times, but in the fire is passion for what we do, for who we are and for being more like Christ. That's an awesome partnership in my opinion!!!!
Well, I made it. It's actually long past 11am now, but I am happy that I could find 11 things to chat about. HA!!!! Thanks, S for the idea!!!!
edit

2 comments:

Kim F. said...

Love this post. Gives me a little look into your life these days. BTW, when are you going to be in Orlando? Donny graduates in May, so I am not sure if and when we might be moving. Would LOVE to see you. Love you, friend.

KiwiChristy said...

Hey Kim...thanks for the comment. Nice to know that someone reads this blog. HA!!! We're in Orlando in July from the 18th till the 31st. I sure hope we can connect. Love reading about your little family and I really want to meet little Will!!!!

Newer Post Older Post

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
Prosper, Texas, United States
I've been married for 32 years to the love of my life and we have two awesome adult kids and a fantastic son-in-law. Big new adventure moving to Texas from New Zealand in February 2021

Followers

© Design 1/2 a px. · 2015 · Pattern Template by Simzu · © Content Living Life with The Staveleys