A Breath of Fresh Air!

| Jan 22, 2011
We just got back from a week away at one of my most favourite spots in the world - Pauanui on the Coromandel Peninsula in the North Island of NZ. My family has been going there for our summer vacations since 1984 (pre-Bryce, actually the summer I was first "in love" with Bryce).

I had pretty low expectations for the place where we were staying as I knew it was an older apartment, but when I walked in my breath was taken away....the view (we were EXTREMELY lucky to be beach front) was  beyond description, the apartment was spacious and well supplied. I was in heaven!

This was the view from our apartment.
We hadn't had a proper holiday for longer than a few days since Oct 2009 so it was amazing to be away as a family (my parents included) to just rest, go to the beach, swim in the pool (so lucky to have a pool), read, play games, do jigsaw puzzles and eat yummy food. It was a breath of fresh air!!! I finally felt happy about 2011.

It just reminds me that it is so important to take time out of our busy lives to STOP!!! To enjoy God's creation, to spend time with loved ones, to wake up with no agenda apart from doing whatever is fun for you and your family. I felt so refreshed and more ready to tackle the challenges this year offers. I know that God didn't say to rest on the 7th day just because He wanted something cool to say. He said it because he knows the reality of our emotional and physical need to take time out to rest and refresh.

Of course, one day back at home and I was ready for another holiday. Isn't that just the way!?
edit

No comments:

Newer Post Older Post

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
Prosper, Texas, United States
I've been married for 32 years to the love of my life and we have two awesome adult kids and a fantastic son-in-law. Big new adventure moving to Texas from New Zealand in February 2021

Followers

© Design 1/2 a px. · 2015 · Pattern Template by Simzu · © Content Living Life with The Staveleys