January.....hmmmm......to hope or not to hope!

| Jan 7, 2011 | |
I have a love hate relationship with January. When I was younger, January was my favourite time of year. Summer holidays, relaxation, friends, food and fun. New Year's resolutions were exciting and it was kind of cool to set some goals. Now in my 40's and having lived a bit more life, sometimes I am more afraid of New Year's than excited.


I long for renewed hope....the last few years have been so rocky in that department - losing our job, starting a new ministry, journeying with friends as they struggle with infertility, broken relationships and other stresses. Some days it is all I can do to get out of bed and smile. But I am trying to be hopeful of 2011.


Over the last five or so years,  January has also been the month of weird illnesses.....'05 I got German measles (rubella), '06 I came down with strep throat which was horrendous, '07 my thyroid started to stop working and I nearly fainted at our staff conference. '08 I turned over in bed one night and that began a 3 month journey with vertigo. This year I started the new year with an ear infection and cold and just this week my parents, Laura and I were exposed to a bacterial infection that can live in spa pools (dirty ones usually). We've got some sore bite-like bumps on our bodies which is another 'weird' thing.....who gets all this stuf.... ME!!!!


Ok.....enough whining about that....2011 might be a lot better than I am expecting. I am praying for that I tell you!!! Will keep you posted....right now...nap time. HA!!! Did I tell you I love vacation time?
edit

1 comment:

Sas said...

thanks for walking with us christy. we will continue to need it i'm sure. xoxo

Newer Post Older Post

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
Prosper, Texas, United States
I've been married for 32 years to the love of my life and we have two awesome adult kids and a fantastic son-in-law. Big new adventure moving to Texas from New Zealand in February 2021

Followers

© Design 1/2 a px. · 2015 · Pattern Template by Simzu · © Content Living Life with The Staveleys