Celebration

| Jun 16, 2011
Last weekend I had the privilege and fun of hosting a baby shower. It's been awhile since I've hosted one, but this shower was particularly special.

My friend has been experiencing infertility for the last three years. She has a physiological reason for her infertility and the likelihood of her conceiving without medical help was seemingly impossible. For the last three years she has endured not only infertility treatments - drugs, surgery, scans, blood tests and a complete loss of privacy - she has also experienced pregnancy loss four times. My heart has ached for my friend as we've prayed, cried, grieved and walked together. She has invited me into those inner recesses of her heart which I count a privilege. She's taught me so much about compassion and care for those in need or hurting.

So, this shower was super special because miraculously (and there is no other explanation) she conceived last year without medical intervention. This was a hope we'd all had, but in all honesty would never have imagined. So, in three weeks she is expecting her little boy!!! AMAZING!!!!

One thing I've learned in life is that celebration is one of the ways that we can not only enjoy those moments of excitement or joy, but also a way to thank God for His provision in our lives. Whether the event is small or big, celebrating those things along the way helps keep our focus on the One who has above all - good or hard. So....we celebrated this special baby.

My friend, K and I decided that we had to make this the party of the year. S deserves it!!! It was weeks in the planning, invitations were sent out super early so that people could get it into their diaries and K & I worked our little butts off to make sure it was the best party ever.

We went with a colour scheme of blue and green - bright aqua blues and greens. So pretty!! We got my mom to send stuff from the USA, we designed a table layout that would have done Amy Atlas proud (check out her website - so gourmet to quote K), we cooked, we baked, we printed, we gathered, we shopped, we picked green and blue candies out of the bulk bins, we cleaned, we rearranged and had a blast. Here's a couple of pics of what we did.
I made the cake. It turned out so good!
Here's our cool table design!! The jars have candy in them.



Some of the decorations we had.
S had a great time and I know she felt loved and felt that it was so important to celebrate not only this little miracle that God has given her, but also celebrate her perseverance, her heart, her courage, her walk with God, her inspiration and her care she shows others.

So, even if celebration doesn't come naturally to you....celebrate...the small things, the big things, the hard things and the fun things. It's all about "rejoicing in the Lord always, and again I say rejoice"!!!
edit

4 comments:

GMom said...

AMEN, Christy....from all the photos I saw, you and K did a super fantastic job.....thanks so much for celebrating this little life with us...it would have been stupendous if Holly & Kathie & I could have celebrated with you...but know for sure that we were each there in spirit...God bless you abundantly for being such a marvelous friend.

Sas said...

you and bryce def always rock the party that rocks the party, as the husband would say... plus with kirst, it was a top notch event people!!! thanks so much for all your effort and hard work and love (laura too!). everyone was so impressed and i enjoyed being pampered big time. and i'm not even a great party-person! hahaha. thanks for journeying with me ch. love you.

Suzie said...

What an incredible job you three did for Sarahs shower. I am so sad that I missed it. Can't wait for the big event.!

Hannah said...

Wow, I didn't realise how special this new little guy is! Many happy congratulations S and J!

Newer Post Older Post

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
Prosper, Texas, United States
I've been married for 32 years to the love of my life and we have two awesome adult kids and a fantastic son-in-law. Big new adventure moving to Texas from New Zealand in February 2021

Followers

© Design 1/2 a px. · 2015 · Pattern Template by Simzu · © Content Living Life with The Staveleys