Tragic News for a friend

| Jan 29, 2011
Yesterday my world was rocked when one of my close friends told me that her 15 year old son was diagnosed this past week with a spinal cord tumour. AAAGGH!!!! My heart is breaking for her!!!

I met this friend 16 years ago when we were in the same ante-natal class before our oldest children were born. From that class we formed a coffee group and my friend and I are the remnant. We've been meeting most weeks for the last 16 years for coffee and have become very good friends as a result. We were supposed to start our coffees this week now that school is going back. :(

My friend is a hero in my eyes. She already has so many challenges in her life that she meets with grace and humour. Her second son has Asperger's Syndrome combined with ADHD, her eldest son has ADHD as does her husband. She works part-time, is a wonderful mother to her four boys and now has this incredible burden to bear. I cannot believe it!!! She'd had a pretty difficult year last year and we were both excited that 2011 would be better for her. Oh my gosh!!!!

I know that life is full of challenges so am not sitting there asking "why", but rather the question I am asking myself, is "how can I be the best friend I can be". I just don't know. So hard to know when to "invade", when to stay away, when to push them to talk, when to just be silent. Being the supporter friend is a journey I have walked with a few other friends and it is a hard one to do. Just never know if you're helping or hurting, if you're making mistakes or doing alright.....pray for me!!! More importantly, pray for my friend.....she needs the miracle!!!! Pray that it draws her more closely to God and her husband too!!!!
edit

No comments:

Newer Post Older Post

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
Prosper, Texas, United States
I've been married for 32 years to the love of my life and we have two awesome adult kids and a fantastic son-in-law. Big new adventure moving to Texas from New Zealand in February 2021

Followers

© Design 1/2 a px. · 2015 · Pattern Template by Simzu · © Content Living Life with The Staveleys