Budgets and more.....

| Jan 9, 2011 | |
New Years are so great for inspiring new beginnings......getting fit, being more responsible, planning and all that fun stuff.

Bryce & I decided to take a day this past week to just figure out our life. We've had a lot on our minds with beginning Fit 4 Life and financing it as well as just dealing with all the day to day stuff. One thing we'd let go was our budget....I could tell that Bryce was feeling the stress.

Let me just tell you....I HATE BUDGET TALK!!! :) But, we did and now I feel good. That's the funny thing about planning. It's easy to dread it and be reluctant and then the relief that comes when you actually set a plan in motion is so great that you wondered why it took you so long. Sure, we're needing to make some minor tweaks along the way and we need to raise some support which is always a bit daunting, but I can tell the relief that Bryce is feeling.

We also took time out to just chat about kids and ideas for the year. With a 15 year old we realise that we only have a few years left with her in our home. Kind of sad and scary and exciting at the same time. Gotta relish these fun family years. Soon it will be three of us and then back to two of us!!!

Another thing we did was write down some dreams that we have for our family and for our ministry. We've forgotten how to dream in the midst of everything we've been through in the last few years. It was good to dream again....just for a minute.

Rambly post....but that's how my brain works sometimes....
edit

1 comment:

GMom said...

agreed...I just hate those budget discussions...but now that I'm not working some changes had to be made...dreams...sigh...some do come true...cherish each day you have with your children...you're so right, one day it's all back to 2 again...God bless

Newer Post Older Post

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
Prosper, Texas, United States
I've been married for 32 years to the love of my life and we have two awesome adult kids and a fantastic son-in-law. Big new adventure moving to Texas from New Zealand in February 2021

Followers

© Design 1/2 a px. · 2015 · Pattern Template by Simzu · © Content Living Life with The Staveleys