Why oh why!

| May 5, 2011
Do you ever have those days when you just wish you hadn't opened your mouth? I've had two of those days in a row. Not anything major or tragic, but just those moments when I wish I had just stopped before I started. I hate that feeling.

I gave myself the requisite lectures on keeping quiet, waiting to speak, asking before giving advice and just relaxing in decisions people make....somehow though, I know I am going to give myself this lecture again in the future. Darn!!

I want to be the perfect friend that people love to be around so I feel these things keenly. Of course, my head tells me that it isn't possible to be that perfect, but my heart longs for it. It's not about self-esteem necessarily, but more about how much people mean to me. I want to care for them so much that I get over-enthusiastic in my desire to nurture them and help them. Darn!!

So the moral of the story is....listen more, talk less, ask permission and let go....
edit

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is pretty intense. Just being yourself with a little wisdom thrown in is about all I can do.

Wes said...

Thanks for the honest vulnerability! At least you notice and admit a need. That's a victory in itself. Also, relax in the fact that what you shared comes with the temperament territory! Love you!

GMom said...

Oh, Christy, how very true and poignant....thanks so much for sharing from your heart...you've expressed so eloquently feelings that I have never expressed aloud to anyone...may God richly and abundantly bless you as you serve others...

Newer Post Older Post

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
Prosper, Texas, United States
I've been married for 32 years to the love of my life and we have two awesome adult kids and a fantastic son-in-law. Big new adventure moving to Texas from New Zealand in February 2021

Followers

© Design 1/2 a px. · 2015 · Pattern Template by Simzu · © Content Living Life with The Staveleys