On a brighter note.....

| May 13, 2011 | , , |
Reading through my latest posts, one might think that I am just a massive ball of insecurities. I'm not, but lately been thinking about the deeper things of life.

On a brighter, lighter note, I wanted to share a compliment that was given to my hubby and I yesterday.

I was talking with a friend who's expecting their first baby. He was sharing how he's been reading a parenting book (one that we recommended) and how he can see how the principles we applied from that book have worked in our kids. He said he could see how our kids fit into our family and know that they are loved and are important, but not the most important and that's helped them become other-focused and not attention-hogs.

Anyway, it was the best part of my day. Everyone loves a compliment and one about your kids is just wonderful. It's nice to have some affirmation that we're doing ok because a lot of the time I don't always feel like I am doing ok with them. So thanks, J!!! :)
edit

1 comment:

Suzie said...

So true. You have turned into very amazing parents and your kids love you to bits. That is the greatest gift. They love being in your home an life. And good for J for telling you. So often we think good things of people but never verbalize it.

Newer Post Older Post

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
Prosper, Texas, United States
I've been married for 32 years to the love of my life and we have two awesome adult kids and a fantastic son-in-law. Big new adventure moving to Texas from New Zealand in February 2021

Followers

© Design 1/2 a px. · 2015 · Pattern Template by Simzu · © Content Living Life with The Staveleys