Boxes, Boxes and more Boxes.......

| Sep 20, 2008
We've been back in New Zealand for a week now and in some ways it feels like we never left, until I see the mountain of stuff and boxes lying around my house. I am overwhelmed!! Bryce's solution is to throw everything away! "Just get rid of it, pitch it, toss it" are the words I hear consistently. I am a bit resistant to that. :)

Part of me doesn't want to unpack, because we are packing up again in a few months. Part of me doesn't want to unpack, because that means we are settling in here and I am not sure about that. Part of me just wants to go into denial, hang out on the computer, with friends, watch movies, because that is known, safe, comforting. Unpacking means the future and the future is not exciting for me right now. It is lonely, dark, unknown.

Once it's done, I will feel great...but I hate this in between stage. I have realized that I am not a good "mover". I hate the whole process from packing up to unpacking. I guess God is teaching me some new things right now. I wish school was out for a bit....
edit

No comments:

Newer Post Older Post

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
Prosper, Texas, United States
I've been married for 32 years to the love of my life and we have two awesome adult kids and a fantastic son-in-law. Big new adventure moving to Texas from New Zealand in February 2021

Followers

© Design 1/2 a px. · 2015 · Pattern Template by Simzu · © Content Living Life with The Staveleys