It's fall (officially)

Changed my blog background again in keeping with the season. It's fall or autumn in New Zealand, but it is still warm and gorgeous during the days. We're still in shorts and t-shirts, but the days are definitely getting shorter and we go off of Daylight Saving Time in a couple of weeks.

I can't say I particularly love winter time and sometimes autumn loses it's zing in the anticipation of the cold and rainy days of winter. However, this fall is so stunning that I am just enjoying it. Hard to believe in a couple of months we'll be having fires and snuggling under blankets, wearing jeans and sweaters and socks and shoes. I miss the flip flop days of summer.

Of course, all of this pales in comparison to the chaos the world is in right now. To be honest I am just overwhelmed. For Kiwis the Japan quake has probably tipped most of us over the edge. I know I just don't watch the news right now after being glued to the TV for the couple of weeks after the Christchurch earthquake. New Zealand is still reeling from that one and the impact won't be diminished for many days to come.

I guess this would be the place to share all the profound things I have been learning, but to be honest, I am just treading water emotionally as I hold the waves of sadness, despair and fear at bay. Sometimes the world is just too scary for me and I have to hide away in my corner of it until I can face it again. I am relieved that this is not our final destination, but sometimes the unknown is a little scary too. :(

Meanwhile, I get up get my kids off to school, live my life with my wonderful hubby and enjoy my days down at Fit 4 Life and the company of good friends.

Till next time.
edit

No comments:

Newer Post Older Post

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
Prosper, Texas, United States
I've been married for 32 years to the love of my life and we have two awesome adult kids and a fantastic son-in-law. Big new adventure moving to Texas from New Zealand in February 2021

Followers

© Design 1/2 a px. · 2015 · Pattern Template by Simzu · © Content Living Life with The Staveleys