California Dreamin'

| Aug 7, 2008
Well, we finally made it back to California after 14 months. Kind of weird and feels like forever ago and then not so long ago either.

We had a great drive down from Oregon through the moutains and into the valley of Central California. Well, not quite central, but getting close. We are visiting Yosemite tomorrow which will be so cool! Hopefully there is water in the waterfalls and the river as August it can be pretty dry. The last time I was at Yosemite was in 1985 and it was with Bryce. We had been dating for about 6 months, but for 4 months of that I had been in the States. He came over to visit for three weeks at the end of our trip and we camped in Yosemite for 5 days. Lots of memories. So fun!! It will be cool to show the kids another part of our dating history. HA!

I said to Bryce today that the closer we get to So. California, the sadder I am getting as it means we are leaving the US. I am excited to see my friends and family in NZ again, but it is sad to say goodbye to friends and family here. So hard being torn between two countries now. Oh well, that is my life. Try not to think about it too much or it gets too sad.
edit

No comments:

Newer Post Older Post

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
Prosper, Texas, United States
I've been married for 32 years to the love of my life and we have two awesome adult kids and a fantastic son-in-law. Big new adventure moving to Texas from New Zealand in February 2021

Followers

© Design 1/2 a px. · 2015 · Pattern Template by Simzu · © Content Living Life with The Staveleys